Thursday, May 15, 2008

Shows # 72 - 75. Oh my God, we hit 75.

Yep, today we officially hit performance number 75 in ... somewhere in Jersey. I don't actually remember where.
Yesterday, for performances 72 & 73, we were in Morristown, NJ, which was quite nice - very cute little town, with pleasant non-chain cafes and shops. Had some ridiculously good coffee and a parfait at the coffee shop around the corner from the theatre and enjoyed one of the most helpful crews we've had yet.
The crowds were pretty good, too.

Today's shows were fine, except for the fact that Grandma (Leigh) is sick as a dog and Ruby (Miss Michelle) was injured when she got thrown suddenly from her seat in the car during a very abrupt slamming-of-the-brakes. Luckily, both shows went off without any hitches.
We're hoping like hell that Leigh's voice comes back before tomorrow's shows.

Tomorrow is our last day of the "local" leg (where local can mean anything from a half hour drive to an hour and forty five minutes) and also officially marks the day that we have one week left! It is ridiculous to think about how near the end we are... and to realise how far we have come.

Anyway, I'm sleeping in Inwood tonight (courtesy of Michelle) so as to minimize my AM commutes to the van and it is hot and stuffy. And I can't sleep. It's ok, I'll meditate or stare at my eyelids until sleep comes. Until it does, I will think about how awesome the dinner I made was (you wish you had some!) and how I should be grateful that it's warm and no longer winter.

Sleep tight, everyone.

No comments: